Dr. Daniel Alexander Smith
Daniel is Principal Architect at Matchdeck, based in London, UK, working on Semantic Web and Knowledge Graph data access architecture.
Previously, as a Senior Developer at Thomson Reuters he realised their internal Knowledge Graph of their core data assets across all industries, using standards such as RDF and SPARQL for data modelling and querying, and big data technologies including Hadoop and Spark for data manipulation and ETL.
Daniel spent 10 years as a Research Fellow in the Web and Internet Science research group at the University of Southampton. He worked primarily with Professor Sir Nigel Shadbolt and Professor Sir Tim Berners-Lee, and published over 60 peer-reviewed papers.
His areas of expertise include:
- Big Data
- Graph Databases
- Semantic Web and Linked Data
- Network and Information Security
- Personal Data Stores
- Open Government/Public Data
- Social Machines
- Large Heterogeneous Data Sets
- Distributed and Federated Querying
- Scalable Data Browsing Interfaces
- Open Standards for the Web and Data
- Interfaces for Data Manipulation